The Swiss paraglider pilot licence is a very complete formation. It gives the students a solid foundation to become an autonomous pilot. This training includes theoretical and practical parts which are validated by two exams dispensed by the FSVL (Swiss paragliding federation).
Becoming a paraglider pilot in Switzerland requires the following conditions:
- From the age of 14 it is possible to start paragliding at school.
- From 16 years old it is possible to pass the practical final exam.
- The theoretical exam must be passed during the formation, before the practical exam.
- The final practical exam gives you the license.
- A minimum of 50 flights on 5 different flying sites is required to take part in the practical exam. Fly Riviera is a school that flies on many different sites. You will therefore have the opportunity to fly and to discover many paragliding spots during your formation.
Once the license is completed, the pilot is licensed forever. He is therefore not obliged to maintain a number of flights annually to keep his license. The Swiss license is very well recognized internationally and therefore allows you to fly in many countries of the world ( depend
Pilots who are on a comeback after a break are of course welcome in our school so that they can return to flying in complete safety.